Wednesday, September 24, 2008

9jaBoogie- MUSIC EDITION

Hiya,
I've been really excited bout this post. Its my music edition. Yipppeeee. I'm thinking of making it a monthly kind post. Wot do u guys think? Anyway these are a coupla songs i'm feeling right now.

MISS INDEPENDENT by Ne-yo: Ne-yo's hot ode to the woman that does it for herself. According to my boy, Ne-yo, "there's something sexy bout a woman that don't need my help". Nice beat and everything, Pretty catchy.

HERE I AM by Rick Ross ft Nelly & Avery Storm: The Boss' take at being romantic and repping his down ass chic turns out to be a rather good one. Nelly's protegee, Avery Storm holds it down on the chorus and the video's the icing on the cake. Great song.

BABY by LL Cool J ft The Dream: The 1st single off LL'S 13th studio album is just super. Hard to believe he's been in the game so long. A feel good track for the ladies. C'mon how many times do we hear them call themselves our baby???


GOOGLE ME by Teyana Taylor: Pharell protegee, Teyana's putting down with the a major corky swag (listen to her say, "put it in your search engine, Teyana, the princess of Harlem, baby, you can google me") that its hard to believe she's just 17 and this is her first ever single. But, people, she killed it!!! She dances, sings and raps. Is it too early to say she's a phenomenon? Let's hear her album. I can't wait.


WE BREAK THE DAWN by Michelle Williams: DC's Michelle's first secular endeavour was rather unexpected,like her album title. Being a big DC fan and all, i was always of the mind that Michelle had zero moves but after i saw her dance in the video + all those cute ass male models/dancers, y'all know i changed my song. Cool song, catchy and definitely gets me moving all the time.

DISTURBIA by Rihanna: I personally choose to call her the queen of 2008 cos she's held it down BIG TIME. Bringing hit after hit, if, for some reason, u don't like Riri, u , at least, have to give her props for being such a hard worker. In this song, i think she's explaining the confusing state her head's in. That's my own explanation o, What's urs? I like the song sha.

COMFORTABLE by Lil Wayne ft Babyface: Its Weezy and Babyface,people. Wot more can i say?

LE F'ENU SO by Lord of Ajasa ft 9ice: The best naija collabo i've heard in a while. Their yoruba captures you in good ways especially if u understand the language. For those who don't understand the language, the song is basically an "i don't care if u hate, i'ma keep making dough"song. Very well worded. Tight song.

LIVE YOUR LIFE by T.I. ft Rihanna: My number 1 song right now. The song's SMOKING!!! Those who saw the VMA performance probably know what i'm talking bout. I love the song so m uch, its hard to believe i didn't watch the VMAs...lol

RINGTONE by Naeto C: This is Naeto C bringing it in a kinda old school/urban way. U don't get how he can do that at the same time,right? I don't either. Slammin' song.

I KISSED A GIRL by Katy Perry: Bold debut from the newcomer telling us how she carried out her fantasy and hopes her man doesn't mind... lol. Didn't like this song at first but it's grown on me. What can i say? Maybe i'm naughty too...

NO SUBSTITUTE LOVE by Estelle: The anthem every woman's scared to sing. Ms. Estelle drops it with passion and all of a sudden we ain't that scared to sing it anymore...lol

Ok, people, i've shared with y'all a bit of what i have on rotation right now. So what're u guys listening to right now????????? Let me know.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

substitute love,ringtone, i kissed a girl, disturbia are songs i know will never be missing from your music edition. good analysis though, keep it up.
expecting more flavour.
Jesus take the wheel