Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Bucket list

Hiya people,
How's it going? Trying not to sound too self righteous but isn't it rather unserious of me to dissappear without blogging for almost a week especially when i'm still trying to create an audience? It was due to circumstances beyond my control, pls forgive me.

I saw this movie a couple of days ago starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman titled 'The Bucket List'. Its a story of two terminally ill senior citizens sharing a hospital room, one a shrewd corporate billionaire (Nicholson) and the other a family oriented mechanic (Freeman). They've both been told they have about a year left to live, so Freeman's character draws up a list he calls the bucket list, basically of things you would do before you kicked the bucket. His list included things like "Witness something truly magical", "Laugh till i cry", "Help a complete stranger for a common good" and other rather humanitarian things. When his friend (Nicholson) stumbles on this list, he decides to add a couple of fun things like "Sky diving", "Get a tattoo", "Kiss the most beautiful girl in the world" et cetera.

It was a really fun movie cos it was filled with wit characteristic of Nicholson amongst other things + this movie really got me thinking. If i had a year left to live and decided to write a "bucket list", what would i put on it, would it be all serious stuff like Freeman's character or would it have some fun stuff? Have i impacted anything positive in anyone's lives? And to the big questions: Do i have joy in my life? Have i brought joy to anyone's life? Really got me thinking and i'm glad to say, i actually got answers. Just giving y'all something to ponder. Leave me a comment or two, tell me wot u think. Just leaving something for y'all to think about.

P.S.
My next post'll be something i'll be calling my music edition. It'll consist of all the music i'm feeling right now. Just wanna share wit u guys. Wouldn't mind hearing urs too. Really excited bout it. Might even post again before the end of today. Peace, y'all, MWAAH!!!

4 comments:

dblog said...

awesome movie......I am so happy that morgan freeman didnt kick the bucket..

Boogie said...

@tps360...Yeah, it was a great movie. Learnt a lot from it did u. Saw ur blog...liked it ...but it was rather political. Is that ur general subject matter or is it like, u know, just for right now? pls hit me back

Anonymous said...

great movie.

Anonymous said...

A must see movies.. really nyc